1. True - a cataract is a cloudy area in the lens of an eye.
2. False - cataracts develop slowly and painlessly and in fact, most people with a cataract do not even know that they have it.
3. True - visual problems such as difficulty seeing at night, often in the form of "halos" around lights, are a symptom of a cataract.
4. True - cataracts that are present at birth are called congenital cataracts.
5. True - cataracts may be accelerated by environmental factors.
6. True - cataract surgery may be required if the person is bothered by a cataract. Cataract surgery consists of removing the lens of the eye and replacing it with an artificial one.
Find out more information about cataract surgery and other eye disorders.
Did you find what you were looking for on our website? Please let us know.