Exercise can offer many benefits for people with psoriatic arthritis (PsA), including:
- Better joint range of motion
- Less joint pain and stiffness
- Improved endurance and flexibility
- Weight loss (less strain on your joints)
Here are a few tips for making physical activity a part of your life:
- Check with your doctor before starting a new exercise routine.
- Choose an activity you enjoy.
- Include exercises to improve your strength (e.g., weight training), flexibility (e.g., yoga), and endurance (e.g., brisk walking).
- If you feel pain, stop exercising and check with your doctor.
- Find an exercise buddy to help keep you motivated.